One of the ways to direct the inexhaustible energy of a child in a positive direction is to attend sports sections for children. But when choosing, parents are often guided by personal preferences and the remoteness of the school or fitness club from home.
It is important to take a closer look at the character and interests of your child, his health. Classes are aimed not only at maintaining the physical tone of the whole body. Sport fosters character, self-esteem, increases confidence and develops social skills.
Consider the age
There are age restrictions in the sections: a boy at 3 years old will not be able to do fencing, but it’s a good time to start swimming or dancing.
- At the age of 3-6 years, it is important for a baby to be physically active. Acrobatics, gymnastics, dancing, swimming are suitable — they develop motor skills, balance, imagination. It is advisable not to participate immediately in competitions and not to exert pressure, so the baby will be as comfortable as possible.
- Children from 7 to 10 years old can be offered a sports direction in which subjects are already involved — badminton, fencing, tennis. Playing volleyball, basketball or football, boys and girls learn to interact in a team — another plus in the development of social skills.
In martial arts classes, they teach you to fall, balance and feel more confident.
- If a young athlete is seriously passionate about classes, then from the age of 10 he can be released to competitions.
Take into account the state of health
Health restrictions may impose a ban on certain activities. It is advisable to undergo a preliminary examination and consult with a doctor about the types of activity that will benefit.
- If there are problems with the musculoskeletal system, then the best prevention is swimming, playing volleyball or basketball. Swimming is almost universal and the safest option of physical activity, which eliminates flat feet, slouching and heals joints. It is advisable to give it to the pool as early as possible, because with age the fear of water increases.
- Rhythmic gymnastics for children strengthens the back muscles and saves from flat feet.
- Tennis helps to develop fine motor skills and attention, and athletics and diving help the respiratory system and heart.
Consider the character and temperament
Sociable and active children love team games, because they practically do not stay alone and splash out their energy. In the opposite situation, when the baby likes to spend more time alone with himself, individual options are suitable — athletics, cross-country skiing.
Do not forget about the wishes of the child
It is important to support the baby if he insistently asks to give it to a certain sport. Although adults take into account the budget and the remoteness of the section from home, it is not necessary to refuse immediately if the child’s desire does not converge with parental ideas or stereotypes.
Remember: boys are also engaged in dancing, and girls successfully play football or hockey.
Trips to the section should bring positive emotions to the child, then he will be in anticipation of new classes, as motivated as possible to overcome difficulties and achieve his own sports victories.